The appetite is stronger than ever for the rail industry to reunite at TransCityRail North, the industry's leading and most prestigious exhibition, conference, and networking dinner.
The event, which focuses on regional investment across the North of England, will return in just six weeks and is expected to be completely sold out following hundreds of delegate attendee requests since the lift of restrictions to live events earlier this year.
Inspirational leaders have leapt at the chance to take the stage and educate TransCityRail guests on project updates, regional investment and what to anticipate as we enter the next rail era.
TransCityRail North brings together leaders from across the rail industry to connect with the sector, explore investment opportunities and discuss upcoming projects.
One major project which will sit at the forefront of conversation during the event Is Northern Powerhouse Rail, which is expected to define the region’s outcome for the next century through its potential to connect hundreds of thousands of businesses and improve travel for millions of people.
TransCityRail runs concurrently with the highly anticipated COP26 conference, putting decarbonisation front and centre. We'll investigate what the region can do to reduce carbon emissions from the industry, including our stations, rolling stock, and the possibility of increasing the use of freight in the North.
We'll also discuss the crucial problem of funding, as well as how the levelling up agenda will benefit our industry. Improved connectivity is critical to achieving this, but it will only be achievable if the region receives the necessary funding to bring about this transformation.
The event consists of a conference and exhibition throughout the day, leading to a prestigious networking dinner in the evening.
You'll hear from a range of inspirational speakers, make new connections and have the opportunity to present your product or service to the industry.
The lineup of speakers confirmed so far includes:
- Andrew Stephenson MP, Minister of State for Transport, Department for Transport
- Chris Nutton, Major Projects Director, TransPennine Express
- Caroline Whittam, Head of Rail Services, Transport for Greater Manchester
- Philip Meikle, Transport Strategy Director, Transport North East
- Leaders Debate - ARUP
- Mark Thurston, Chief Executive Officer, High Speed 2 Ltd
- Noel Travers, Managing Director, XRAIL
- Tim Wood, Interim Chief Executive & Northern Powerhouse Rail Director, Transport for the North
- Leaders Debate – Skanska
- Strategic Partner - Mott Macdonald
- David Hoggarth, Strategic Rail Director, Transport for the North
- Caroline Donaldson, Managing Director, West Coast Partnership Development
- Tim Smart, Managing Director Phase 2, High Speed 2 Ltd
- Leaders Debate - LNER
- Tim Shoveller, Managing Director, North West and Central Region, Network Rail
- Tricia Williams, Chief Operating Officer, Northern Rail
- Principal Partner - PA Group Consulting
- Denise Wetton, Business Development Director, NW and Central, Network Rail
If you're looking to become a supplier to the region's rail industry, then this live event is not to be missed! You can find out more about how to become a partner, raise your profile or book your attendance here.