Northern Rail passengers are being urged to check before they travel in light of a large fire close to the railway in Bradford.
The fire, which was first reporting in the early hours of this morning (16 Nov) is causing huge disruption to journeys between West Yorkshire and Greater Manchester.
Until further notice, services between Leeds and Manchester Victoria are likely to be cancelled or diverted and, at present, services are unable to call at Bradford Interchange.
Rail replacement buses will run between Leeds, Halifax and Bradford Interchange and further services along the Calder Valley may also be subject to disruption and amendments.
Details of the impact to Northern’s services:
- Leeds to Manchester Victoria – Services at 12 minutes past the hour service departing from Leeds will be cancelled. Services at 42 minutes past the hour departing from Leeds will be diverted and will not call at Bramley, New Pudsey, Bradford Interchange or Low Moor.
- Manchester Victoria to Leeds – Services at 54 minutes past and 58 minutes past the hour from Manchester Victoria will be cancelled. Services at 17 minutes past and 19 minutes past the hour will be diverted and will not call at Low Moor, Bradford Interchange, New Pudsey or Bramley.
- York / Blackpool North - These services will be diverted where possible and will not call at New Pudsey, Bradford Interchange and Halifax. Where Northern is unable to divert these services, they may be cancelled. Customers may travel on the Blackburn to Manchester Victoria service and change at Todmorden for a diverted service to Leeds or travel to Manchester from Preston then change to a TransPennine Express service to Leeds
- Halifax/Hull - These services will run between Hull and Leeds, but will not travel beyond Leeds. They will not call at Bramley, New Pudsey, Bradford Interchange and Halifax.
- Huddersfield to Bradford Interchange - These services will operate between Huddersfield and Halifax.
Regular updates can be found via the National Rail Enquires website.
Images: Northern Rail